Welcome to RambleFest’s Home Page
RambleFest is intended for anyone who loves walking in the countryside and wishes to find more information on guidebooks, maps, accommodation, pubs, where to eat, public transport and other services. We include long-distance footpaths, National Parks, and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). Most of the services we list are either on or very close to the long-distance footpath under which they are listed. However, in recognition that many people will be walking the route in separate stages, or maybe only interested in a particular section of the path, we also include those villages or towns further afield which have a railway station or other good public transport links.
- Guidebooks and Maps: Refer to the Guidebooks and Maps tab. Not only do we display Guidebooks and Maps for each long-distance footpath; we also display guidebooks and maps for National Parks and Areas of Outstanding National Beauty (AONB). They can be purchased through us at a much cheaper price than the high street. Click on the map or guidebook images. There are many, many other guidebooks and maps in our store.
- Accommodation: These are listed within the specific footpath pages, and are categorised into Hotels and Inns, Guest Houses and Bed & Breakfast, Hostels, and Camping.
- Restaurants: Listed within the specific footpath pages, they are categorised into Restaurants, Cafes and Tea Shops, and Bar Meals.
- Pubs and Bars: Listed within the specific footpath pages, we have tried to include all the pubs and bars along long-distance footpaths. We at Ramblefest are ardent Real Ale fans, and will always try to promote those pubs and bars serving real ale. Pubs where real ale is served tend to be good pubs all-round. To that end, we have mentioned those pubs included in the current Camra Good Beer Guide, and we also provide links to websites devoted to pubs and beer.
- Camping Shops: Although few and far between, it is always handy to know where to buy extra socks, waterproofing etc, or just to have a good look at what is on offer.
- Public Transport: We have given information on railway stations on or close to the paths, and have provided links to National Rail for further information on particular stations. Information for buses is more elusive, but wherever possible we have provided information.
- Forum: Refer to the Forum tab. This is where info and opinion on footpaths, walking gear, accommodation, beer, etc., can be exchanged. people seeking rambling partners can post here, as can people offering or seeking rambling gear.
- Photographs: We have a wealth of photographs for many paths, which we will upload in due course, but people are welcome to upload their own photographs to Ramblefest so they can be shared with other ramblers.