Welcome to RambleFest
RambleFest is intended for anyone who loves walking in the countryside and wishes to find Accommodation, Restaurants, Pubs, Public Transport and other services. Initially for long-distance footpaths, we are extending Ramblefest to include short walks in the National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Most of the services we list are either on or very close to the long-distance footpath under which they are listed. However, in recognition that many people will be walking the route in separate stages, or maybe only interested in a particular section of the path, we also include those villages or towns further afield which have a railway station or other good public transport links.
WikiPaths, the community section of RambleFest, where you can add wiki pages, blog, and post to our forums
- Accommodation: These are categorised into Hotels and Inns, Guest Houses and Bed & Breakfast, Hostels, and Camping.
- Restaurants: Categorised into Restaurants, Cafes and Tea Shops, and Bar Meals.
- Pubs and Bars: We have tried to include all the pubs and bars along long-distance footpaths, but we at Ramblefest are ardent Real Ale fans, and will always try to promote those pubs and bars serving real ale. To that end, we have mentioned those pubs included in the current Camra Good Beer Guide, and we also provide links to websites devoted to pubs and beer.
- Camping Shops: Although few and far between, it is always handy to know where to buy extra socks, waterproofing etc, or just to have a good look at what is on offer.
- Public Transport: We have given information on railway stations on or close to the paths, and have provided links to National Rail for further information on particular stations. Information for buses is more elusive, but wherever possible we have provided information.
- Wikis and Forums: WikiPaths is the community section of Ramblefest. As well as General Wikis and Forums, there are Wikis and Forums for individual long-distance footpaths. Visitors can voice their opinion on the merits or demerits of footpaths, towns and villages along the route, accommodation and other services, walking gear, etc.
There are also forums for Walking Partners, and also for guidebooks or outdoor items wanted and on offer.
- Photographs: We have a wealth of photographs for many paths, which we will upload in due course, but have provided the facility for visitors to upload their own photographs to Ramblefest so they can be shared with other ramblers.
- Guidebooks and Maps
Not only do we display Guidebooks and Maps for each long-distance footpath; we also display books and maps for National Parks and Areas of Outstanding National Beauty. They can be purchased through us at a much cheaper price than the high street. Click on the map or guidebook images. There are many, many other guidebooks and maps in our store. Take a look!
Click below from 41 Long-Distance Footpaths for which we have details of Accommodation, Pubs, Restaurants and Public transport:
Coast to Coast Walk
Great Glen Way
Hadrian's Wall Path
High Weald Landscape Trail
Norfolk Coast Path
North Downs Way
Saxon Shore Way
South Cheshire Way
South West Coast Path
Two Moors Way
Way For The Millennium
West Highland Way
Wye Valley Walk