Lincolnshire Walking Guidebooks and Maps
Displayed below are Lincolnshire walking guidebooks and maps for ramblers. Some of the guidebooks are out of print but available from third-parties via Amazon.
The Ordnance Survey “Explorer” maps are available in standard quality (shown), as well as the tougher all-weather type.
Remember to look at our Long-Distance Footpaths and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty for more Lincolnshire guidebooks.
We welcome suggestions for inclusion.
“The second largest county in England, Lincolnshire offers a surprising diversity of landscape – rolling wolds, coastal reaches, marshlands with endless skies and wide and impressive vistas, interspersed with historic market towns, magnificent churches and, of course, the ancient cathedral city of Lincoln. The county is largely unspoilt and offers a great opportunity for new and unique walking experiences. Outstanding features of the 28 walks in this guide include the Lincoln Edge, Boston and the River Witham, Somersby in the heart of Tennyson Country, and the River Humber. Now fully revised to include GPS data and new Ordnance Survey open access land mapping.”
“A practical little walk guide to Lincolnshire and the Wolds endorsed by the Ramblers. All the walks are 5 miles or under in length and can easily be completed in less that 3 hours. 20 walks are included and use clear Ordnance Survey maps to show the route plus easy to follow walk descriptions.
The walks are located in the Lincolnshire Wolds, a scenic range of hills in eastern England. They are a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the highest area of land in eastern England between Yorkshire and Kent. The hills run roughly parallel with the North Sea coast, from the Humber in the northwest to the town of Spilsby in the southeast.
This guide, produced in co-operation with the Ramblers and featuring Ordnance Survey mapping, is the perfect way to get out and enjoy the stunning scenery.
This compact little guide contains walks, all of which are 5 miles or under, which are ideal for an afternoon stroll.
• 20 easy to follow walks which can be completed in 3 hours and under.
• Each walk has a detailed Ordnance Survey map with the route clearly marked plus a detailed description of the route.
• The walks have been chosen with issues like parking and refreshments in mind to make life easy for families.
• There are interesting facts about the things you’ll see along the route.
• All the books include general information on walking and also the general area covered by the guide.
• Packed with colour photographs of scenes you will see along the walk.
– Ramblers Short Walks in Lincolnshire and the Wolds (Collins Ramblers)
Click on an image below for more information on Lincolnshire Walking Guidebooks and Maps and the option of buying online: